NAGA METROPOLITAN SOCIETY
Naga Metropolitan Society was founded in 1984 by several men and women who took up the challenge to form a group dedicated to the devotion and active participation of the Penafrancia fiesta celebration in the Bay Area. With the guidance and support of Consul Shulan Primavera, a constitution and by-laws was ratffied and the organization was officially recognized and affiliated to the Devotees of Our Lady Virgin of Penafrancia, Inc. of that same year. Bicolanos of Naga and neighboring towns who are residents of San Francisco and the Bay Area comprise the membership.
Accomplishments is our journey and we have made great strides. To name a few:
- Hosted the 1986 Penafrancia celebration after only 2 years of existence.
- Financial support to the Holy Rosary Major Seminary.
- Initiated the Sister City Program with the City of San Leandro and Naga City. This led to the official visit of then Mayor Ellen Corbett to the City of Naga.
- Sponsored a cultural dance "Likha" for the purpose of fund raising for the typhoon victims of Naga City.
Coordinated with the City of San Leandro, through the Sister City program of sending medicine and medical supplies to Naga City.
- Financially supported the Pumpwell Project of the National Bicol Association of America as an active member.
- We have actively supported all Devotees of Our Lady Virgin of Penafrancia, Inc. worthy programs.
Johnny Magdaraog of Naga Metropolitan Society lending a hand in the preparation of the park for the Penafrancia picnic.
We hope that through the continuous guidance and powerful intercession of our "INA", we will continue to do our work, keep our pledges and remain united for the greater glory of God.
VIVA LA VIRGEN!!! VIVA EL DIVINO ROSTRO!!!
1st Vice President
2nd Vice President
Sister City Coordinator
|Levino C. Segarra|
Vic Geronimo - San Jose, Santa Clara
Nonito Martires - Fremont, Union City
Juan Magdaraog - Hayward, San Leandro
- Castro Valley
Dads Galicha - San Francisco, Daly City
Josie Paz - Richmond, Vallejo
PAST PRESIDENTSCECIL RACADAG
Thank you for dropping in.
(Since October 18, 1999)